Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A BIG THANKS

Well we need to give a big thanks to some people. Over the last few weeks we have been planning a fund raiser to help us get to Haiti. It all started when the owner of our local pub wanted to help us raise money to get us to see Z in October. So our planning began. We when to local businesses and had prizes donated for a raffle and we also had a poker tournament that people could donate and play poker and win fabulous prizes. We had the fund raiser on Sunday and it was a success we made our goal. We get to see Z.


A few people that we need to thank

My brother Steve..... He is my heart and soul. He did such an amazing job. He spent countless hours trying to get people to sign up for the tournament and promoting this for weeks I do not know how i will ever thank him

Bill and Heidi.... the owners of our local pub (Brewskis a private club for members )
With out their willingness to do this and there support this would of never happened and there generous donation of plane ticket and more we would not be going to Haiti.

And i would like to thank all our friends families and well ...perfect strangers that came together and supported our cause

and last but not least i have a very very special thanks

Shanna ....she is really the reason this all came together. She spent hundreds of hours putting together poster flyer's getting donations. I do not know how i will ever thank her enough. When this whole thing started Shanna and myself were friends and now i consider her my family. She has went beyond what anyone normal human being would do. She has a heart of gold. I love you Shanna Thank you so much

4 comments:

Shanna said...

Ronnie, Ryan and Miss Zambrie,
Helping with the Fund Raiser to bring Zambrie home to her parents has been a true blessing for me; allowing me to utilize my skills for a well deserving family! I can't wait to see her in person and that will be worth all our efforts for such a loving endeavor. She is truly beautiful and has become a light in all of our hearts and hope in humanity. Her arrival will be worth more than words can express. Thank you for considering me family ~ that goes without words (I'm actually speechless ~ shocking I know) but honestly, it means the world to me! I love you with all my heart! Love, Shanna

mlg said...

That is so awesome! It is amazing how much people want to help and sounds like your friends went above and beyond you are a lucky girl!

R AND R AND Z said...

YEah this was an overwhelming exprience. I just can not believe that all these people came together to help us. My brother and Shanna (his Girlfriend) really did an amazing job.

Pete and Mare said...

Hi Ronnie, wow that is so great! One of the best parts of this experiance has been the kindness of others. *I'm happy that you have such a great bunch of family and friends behind you! I loved your adoption story! Thank you for sharing! It's getting closer...