Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mental Parents



I think i am going through a weird period in my life, my adoption life. I feel like we should not have any fun or doing anything without Z because she is not here yet. Like we are going to go on vacation to see R family and i feel a little guilty. It feels like we should be going to see her i know this is not possible but i still feel like that what we should do. I really miss her and i guess this is natural? When me and R go places we always wonder "will Z like this?" "what will she like to do?" i think we even have her wedding planned , well at least college. We always go over different scenarios, Like we will see a girl in the mall with her boyfriend she looks to be about 15 or 16 and she is making out with her him and me and R think we are never letting Z out of the house.We are always thinking and coming up with solutions to up coming predicaments that we might encounter later in life So i guess at this point in our adoption journey we are just mental parents not physically.

1 comment:

mlg said...

I am right there with you! Even though I have other kids I am always thinking about what they will be like and how will the react to things and about how spoiled they will be with big sisters and brothers doting on them.